To experience the benefits of , you have to fall in love with your practice.
That's why it's important to experiment with different techniques to see which ones resonate best with you.
One of our favourite ways to is a technique called . It is a type of based on that uses and to help focus the mind.
What Are Beads?
, or , are tools used to keep track of during a .
They are typically made up of , a called a or a and a tassel.
How to Meditate with Beads
- Find a quiet spot for your .
- Pick a a from an external source. or affirmation. You can pick your by looking inwards to see what you might need that day, or you can pick
- Once you are ready to start, hold your in your right hand, with the beads resting on your middle finger.
- Starting at the top of the , place your thumb on the first . Inhale deeply, and as you exhale, recite your . Once you have fully exhaled, use your thumb to move to the .
- Repeat this process 108 times, until you reach the .
- Once you are finished, close your by thanking yourself for taking the time to prioritize your wellness.
Bonus step: Many people choose to wear their throughout the day as a visual reminder of their affirmation, either a or wrapped around their wrist as a .
How To Choose A
beads can be made with a variety of different materials.
One way of choosing a is based on the healing properties of the gemstones the is made with.
However, there is no right or wrong way to choose a , in fact, sometimes the best way to choose your is to simply pick the one that you are most drawn to.